Level Design Guidelines
- All Jungle Levels should have enough '1' tiles for a Black Market to spawn. If the game cannot spawn a Black Market on the chosen level, it will crash.
- If your Ice Caves levels are crashing the game, move the exit to another chunk.
- Do not require players to use Force Level, instead, go under Level->Project Settings and set the starting level to the target level.
- Enable "Quick Restart resets to current level" under Level->Project Settings if your levels are particularly difficult to allow the player to reset to the level they died on.
- Under Level->Project Settings set the Olmec/Yama fight level to be after your last level in the pack.
- Do not use '=' tiles in the Ice Caves, use '+' instead.
- Use 'm' (unbreakable) terrain tiles where you do not want the player to break through.
- Use 'q' (anti-obstacle) terrain tiles where you do not want the game to spawn tikis / area-specific obstacles.
- Use '.' (unmodified) terrain tiles where you do not want your terrain to be changed by the generator.
- Use water tiles ('w') and Destroyed Cobweb entities to remove unwanted tiles/entities placed by the game.
- To allow the player to reach Hell place down a Hell Bible somewhere within reach.
- The Hell Bible can be found either in the Entity Picker or as the '#' tile in all areas past the Mines.
- You can use Bullet entities to have high-damage entities that float in mid-air.
- Any height water negates all fall damage (useful for falling starts).
- Giant Spider Cobweb Projectile entity negates fall damage if the player falls through it.
- When modifying Olmec, you can only modify the first two and last row of chunks, however you can place entities anywhere.
- When doing Force Level on Olmec/Yama, you must enter through Quick Restart, not the lobby. Otherwise the game will put you in the end cutscene.
Working with Mouse
- Left Click:
- Click Once: Pick Tile/Entity
In Tile Editor:
- Left Click:
- Click Once: Position cursor with one-tile size
- Click and Drag: Position cursor and size it
- Right Click:
- Click Once: Position cursor and place down currently picked tile
- Click and Drag: Draw with currently picked tile
- Middle Click:
- Click Once: Position cursor and erase tiles at position
- Click and Drag: Draw with eraser
Working with Keyboard
- Arrow Keys
- Move cursor in specified direction
- Ctrl+Arrow Keys
- Move cursor in specified direction (skipping 1 tile)
- Shift+Arrow Keys
- Size cursor in specified direction
- Reset Cursor Size to top left
- Reset Cursor Size to bottom right
- Alt+Arrow Keys
- Navigate currently picked tile/entity in tile picker
- In tile picker pick tile under cursor
- Open Entity Picker (then type desired entity and press Enter)
- Open Tile Picker Search (then type desired tile and press Enter)
- Any Text Character Key
A-Z a-z 0-9 !#$%&*+,-.|~
- Place down tile by key text
- Erase tile and move cursor forward
- Erase tile and move cursor backward
- Backtick (`)
- Place down currently picked tile in tile picker